Please send your resume directly to email@example.com that will be held in confidence until we both agree this is a good match
I look forward to speaking with you and discovering what your next career move could be.
Responsible for promoting company’s products and solutions, selling the company’s manufacturing and automation systems and project solutions at the best possible profit margins, positioning as the leading and most respected Automation Engineering and Equipment Manufacturing company, helping to position the company for growth, developing new opportunities in assigned regions or selected market sectors and meeting quarterly and annual bookings targets.
Sales and Business Development Strategy
• Develop, initiate and execute a penetration plans. Responsible for sales from assigned accounts and market sectors.
• Contributes to meeting team, sales and market plans by retaining and growing profitable customer relationships.
• Travels to customer’s site to promote the capabilities of company; work with customer to determine initial concepts and feasibility of potential automation and Contract MFG projects.
• Planning and preparation of sales presentations. Assist in the organization and preparation of industry trade shows.
• Produce market analysis as prescribed by the VP of Sales. Recommend refinements to product and pricing strategies.
• Building customer relationships to maintain and develop the company’s customer base.
• Works with in-house technical staff to assist in preparing proposals, estimates, and operational specifications and to maintain a high degree of satisfaction for customers.
• Participate in contract negotiation including technical specification, financial terms and delivery.
• Generate sales and marketing forecasts to assist company management in business planning.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge and prepare regular reports on new technology, new markets, competition, trends, customers’ CAPEX cycles and environment.
• Apply branding processes and tactics in the marketplace and with customer base.
• Create sales strategies to obtain objectives for assigned products/business unit and selected territory.
Sales and Business Development Performance Culture
• Develop, and maintain an active sales funnel of potential clients and prospects, and update on a daily basis.
• Develop strategic sales and marketing plans (capture plans) for each account and prospective client in conjunction with overall segment and organizational objectives
• Engage with the client on technical level to understand the client’s specific requirements and then in turn be able to present viable solutions
• Present recommendations on bids to senior management team.
• Work in partnership with Applications Engineering and other engineering groups, and supply chain to devise and present the optimum manufacturing/automation solution for clients.
• Leverage multiple sources to identify and qualify potential clients, such as cold-calling, personal and professional networks, contacts with existing or prospective clients etc.
• Act as first level customer liaison in all customer/company transactions and maintain
high level of customer satisfaction.
• Achieve performance objectives within the context set by the VP of Sales.
• Develop sales of company’s services and solutions by researching and resolving customer problems.
• Collect customer requirements and generate Solutions’ feature definition/recommendation.
• Maintain a sales program based on customers’ requirements and checks on competitive activities.
Forecasting and Budget
• Develop order/bookings forecasts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, and as requested.
• Operate within the Sales Plan and operating budget parameters.
• Report on performance using the formats, schedule and requirements.
• In regards to price, schedule, terms and conditions and other commercial issues, the Business Development Manager will operate within the parameters prescribed by the VP of Sales.
• Achieve customer satisfaction targets approved for client base.
• Provide feedback on the effectiveness of the defined customer satisfaction measurement process.
• Ensure trends in customer expectations are communicated to the executive management within expected timeframes/using approved methods.
• Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance of our company’s Code of Business Conduct.
• Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering degree preferred) and a secondary degree in a business management, sales, marketing, or related field strongly preferred.
Must have Experience:
• 7-10 years of successful and verifiable experience of strategic selling and negotiation skills in “solution and systems sales” of capital equipment or industrial automation.
• Demonstrated “Hunter” mentality when it comes to identifying prospects and turning them into clients.
• Must demonstrate the drive and motivation to sell and enjoy the challenge of selling in the industrial automation/manufacturing solutions industry.
• Must exhibit self-directness, independence and an extremely proactive approach
• Strong presentation skills in order to present to internal stakeholders and existing and potential clients to sell technical concepts.
• Demonstrated knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and financial principles.
• Must possess an active network of contacts in the relevant markets segment or segments in order to leverage multiple sales opportunities
• Demonstrated ability to lead capture teams.
• Demonstrated effective negotiation skills, representing the company's long-term business requirements on multi-year contracts.
• Must be willing to travel extensively.
• Technical proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience is not in small components assembly and test or drive train test
Jackie Nabat, CPC, MBA
Executive VP, Executive & Technical Recruitment