Please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org that will be held in confidence until we both agree this is a good match
I look forward to speaking with you and discovering what your next career move could be.
Performs a wide variety of technological functions in various aspects of mechanical and electrical engineering, primarily in support of design and development of factory automation systems. Includes preparing and writing innovative detailed proposals for potential customers, working from general automation ideas and concepts.
Specific Responsibilities and qualifications:
• Responsible for conceptual development, pricing and writing detailed technical proposals for all types of automation equipment and projects.
• Involve key members of engineering management in pricing and conceptual layout in projects where technical complexity is high.
• +Conceptual in design and development of products, systems, processes and equipment by analyzing technical problems and working closely to customer specifications. Involve third party vendors and suppliers in the quoting process, where necessary.
• Travel to the customer’s site to assist in project or product development, working with engineering design specifications, objectives and standards.
• Provide sales presentations to customer personnel, when required.
• Obtain and prepare detailed estimates of time, quantities, labor and material costs required for work areas such as; product design, testing, machine building, equipment installations and manufacturing processes.
• Assemble and collect all necessary technical information and customer specifications from engineering and sales and marketing, in order to prepare detailed proposals.
• Analyze material and writes in clear, concise language for initial draft and select, organize, edit and revise proposal.
• Ensure that proposal is sent to customer by most efficient route to ensure it arrives on or before deadline date. May be assigned special projects in support of engineering and sales and marketing, as required.
• Define scope of work adequately enough in proposal to allow project manager and project team to begin work on system.
• Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with our company’s Code of Business Conduct.
• Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
• 5 to 7 years’ experience in mechanical or electrical engineering support, preferably in an automation and or capital equipment environment
• Must have a working knowledge of robotics, machine controls and manufacturing processes and be able to keep abreast of leading-edge technology.
• An ability to present ideas, concepts and pricing information in a clear, concise manner suitable for technical audiences is essential.
• Position involves extensive use of 2D and 3D design tools including AutoCAD, Solid Works (Solid Modeling), Pro-E and other tools, as well as spreadsheets.
Jackie Nabat, CPC, MBA
Executive VP, Executive & Technical Recruitment