Please send your resume directly to email@example.com that will be held in confidence until we both agree this is a good match
I look forward to speaking with you and discovering what your next career move could be.
Determine market trends standards. Develop and promote sales strategy. Lead sales team. Manage Accounts. Drive growth of the organization. Promote organization internally and externally. Lead applications team to produce complete and accurate quotations at a competitive price while maintaining margins.
Sales and Business Development Strategy
• Develop, initiate and execute a penetration plans. Responsible for sales from assigned accounts and market sectors.
• Contributes to meeting team, sales and market plans by retaining and growing profitable customer relationships.
• Travels to customer’s site to promote the capabilities of company; work with customer to determine initial concepts and feasibility of potential automation and Contract MFG projects.
• Planning and preparation of sales presentations
• Assist/direct Applications Engineering to produce accurate and complete quotations. Review for accuracy and pricing that is competitive and still maintains company’s margins.
• Produce market analysis. Recommend refinements to product and pricing strategies.
• Participate in contract negotiation including technical specification, financial terms and delivery.
• Generate sales and marketing forecasts to assist company management in business planning.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge and prepare regular reports on new technology, new markets, competition, trends, customers’ CAPEX cycles and environment.
Sales and Business Development Performance Culture
• Develop, and maintain your own active sales cockpit of potential clients and prospects, and update on a daily basis.
• Develop strategic sales and marketing plans for each account and prospective client in conjunction with overall segment and organizational objectives
• Present recommendations on bids to senior management team.
• Work in partnership with Operations Team to devise and present the optimum manufacturing/automation solution for clients.
• Leverage multiple sources to identify and qualify potential clients, such as cold-calling, personal and professional networks, contacts with existing or prospective clients etc.
• Act as first level customer liaison in all customer/company transactions and maintain high level of customer satisfaction.
• Develop sales of company’s services and solutions by researching and resolving customer problems.
• Maintain a sales program based on customers’ requirements and checks on competitive activities.
Forecasting and Budget
• Maintain activity applications workload plan
• Develop order/bookings forecasts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, and as requested.
• Operate within the Sales Plan and operating budget parameters.
• Report on performance using the formats, schedule and requirements.
• In regards to price, schedule, terms and conditions and other commercial issues, the Business Development Manager will operate within the parameters prescribed by the Director of Operations.
• Supervise and support the activities of Account Managers
• Provide constructive guidance and define opportunities to for profitability, and growth plan.
• Ensure trends in customer expectations are communicated to the executive management within expected timeframes/using approved methods.
• Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance of our company’s Code of Business Conduct.
• Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering degree preferred) and a secondary degree in a business management, sales, marketing, or related field strongly preferred.
Must have Experience:
• 7-10 years of successful and verifiable experience of strategic selling and negotiation skills in “solution and systems sales” of capital equipment or industrial automation.
• Demonstrated “Hunter” mentality when it comes to identifying prospects and turning them into clients.
• Must demonstrate the drive and motivation to sell and enjoy the challenge of selling in the industrial automation/manufacturing solutions industry.
• Must exhibit self-directness, independence and an extremely proactive approach
• Strong presentation skills in order to present to internal stakeholders and existing and potential clients to sell technical concepts.
• Demonstrated knowledge of sales and marketing techniques and financial principles.
• Must possess an active network of contacts in the relevant markets segment or segments in order to leverage multiple sales opportunities
• Demonstrated ability to lead capture teams.
• Demonstrated effective negotiation skills, representing the company's long-term business requirements on multi-year contracts.
• Must be willing to travel extensively.
• Technical proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Jackie Nabat, CPC, MBA
Executive VP, Executive & Technical Recruitment