Please send your resume directly to email@example.com that will be held in confidence until we both agree this is a good match
I look forward to speaking with you and discovering what your next career move could be.
Bachelor’s degree in: Engineering and/or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
Minimum of 3+ years of professional experience in: Manufacturing Engineering or Process Engineering and Supplier Quality Experience
• Engineering degree or related experience.
• 5+ Manufacturing Engineering and Process Engineering experience
• 5+ Supplier Quality Experience.
• Demonstrable Problem Solving knowledge and experience
• Successful Advanced Quality Planning, Launch knowledge and experience.
• Successful experience working with suppliers for timely PPAPS.
• Ability to communicate (written, oral) with all levels of Supplier personnel.
• High proficiency with MS Office tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Domestic / International Travel required
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in managing complex and potential high risk supplier situations related to part/process development – Launch
• Evaluate new suppliers.
• Perform current supplier process assessments through Launch Phase and SOP(aprox. +90 days).
• Perform launch supplier readiness assessments and drive the required action plans through the APQP template.
• Improve, monitor, and report supplier’s performance (cost, quality and timing)
• Implement error proofing as required for supplier manufacturing processes.
• Identify best practices for manufacturing design / processes.
• Work as a team with the Commodity Buyer in making sourcing decision, readiness, capability, and status.
• Support Supplier Design Reviews.
• Prior to tooling kickoff decision, drive closure of tooling issues related to manufacturing feasibility, timing, or part design issue with Supplier and/or
• Support tool kick off meetings.
• Perform Supplier APQP / PPAP activity at supply base as needed.
• Ensure successful PPAP submission on time to Program needs, and/or reasonable supplier timing,
• Support Plant Operations as needed for critical supplier process quality issues.
• Maintain any needed communications (spread sheet, open issues, Email, presentation, meting minutes, etc) to teams and/or supplier as needed.
• Perform special assignments as required by leadership.
• Perform all functions in legal, ethical, and professional manner.
• Drive known Customer Specific Requirements to Supply base.
• Drive supplier compliance to all TS 16949 requirements.
• Very little travel, most local to OEM’s Ford, GM, etc..
Senior Technical Recruiter/ Staffing Mentor