Advanced Manufacturing Engineer- Oakland County, MI
Please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org that will be held in confidence until we both agree this is a good match
I look forward to speaking with you and discovering what your next career move could be.
• Develop manufacturing processes which allow cost effective, quality products to be built (e.g. Process Flow, PFMEA, Manufacturing Plans, Cost Tables for tooling and components)
• Provide appropriate input into design and process validation.
• Responsible to develop systems that adhere to the standards related to Manufacturing & Assembly Equipment, Tooling, Inspection and production Processes.
• Provides technical and administrative support to the Product Development Team (PDT), to ensure customer and company quality standards are achieved.
• Develops and implements systems to ensure products comply with customer quality standards and contractual quantities.
• Generate manufacturing budget forecasts at prescribed intervals and monitors performance to ensure acceptable cost performance.
Develops, publishes, and maintains all applicable procedures for all operator functions.
• Prepare RFQ packages for equipment/ tooling, and reviews quotations for assembly and production.
• Facilitate improvements workshop.
• Actively participate in all project and PDT meetings.
• Lead stress testing activities and run-at-rate customer gates
• Organize and lead PFMEA workshops
• Contribute to 8D and 5S activities
• Ensure flawless launch through the continuous improvement of the process documentation
• Provide input to buy/ make decision for components
• Component and assembly drawing/ design approval or rejection
• Recommend/ reject production part or tooling suppliers as part of the Supplier Approval Committee
• Represent as a lead decision maker at the machine supplier
• BS in Engineering and/ or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
• 5- Years of engineering related experience in an Automotive Manufacturing environment, with experience being a series manufacturing engineer preferred.
• Knowledge of Automotive Quality Standards, (TS 16949 and ISO 14001) preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, AutoCAD preferred.
• Solid record of accomplishments/ achievements throughout employment career.
• Work performed in manufacturing environment and requires strict adherence to safety policies and procedures.
• Knowledge in the application of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, DOE, 5S, Poka-yoke.
Sr. Executive Technical Recruiter