Program Manager---Oakland County
Please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org that will be held in confidence until we both agree this is a good match
I look forward to speaking with you and discovering what your next career move could be
Job Introduction Serves as overall facilitator for development of the product. Plans and directs all activities relating to the Product Delivery Process (APQP, SQA, Engineering, Purchasing, and Manufacturing engineering). Promotes coordination and communication of program team. Conducts all program-specific reviews.
Responsible for moderately complex engineering programs.
• Leads the program team.
• Manages the product program proactively to ensure timing and program team objectives are met for all customers and our company milestones.
• Identifies and communicates barriers to the successful completion of program milestones to the Director Program Management on a regular basis and Executive-level Management on an as-needed basis. Develops and implements recovery plans to eliminate barriers.
• Interfaces with required functional disciplines and departments for program support.
• Assures appropriate program planning to confirm that product development is consistent with established program objectives and company needs.
• Implements the Product Delivery Process (PDP) and assures completion of all deliverables.
• Conducts all phase and gate reviews.
• Creates master program timing that satisfies customer and our requirement for product configuration, costs, performance, and timing.
• Facilitates and maintains communications with the customer, our staff, and Division Operations for all program activities at all levels.
• Upholds authorities as detailed in Standard Operating Procedure 8000.
Knowledge and Education
Bachelors degree (or Bachelor’s equivalency) in Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work Experience • Minimum five (5) years diversified engineering experience.
• Experience with full program cycle (from concept to production).
• Ability to apply academic and other engineering principles in the development of automotive components.
• Must be able to read blue prints. Competency in CAD and GD&T.
• Must demonstrate exceptional problem solving skills, and viable concept development.
• Proficient in statistical methods (i.e. APQP, DFSS).
• Knowledge of government and OEM specifications in area of expertise.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully coordinate and complete multiple tasks within and across departments to meet established and changing deadlines.
• Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and technical presentations.
• Demonstrated successful performance with independent problem solving, presentations, and leadership.
• Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Work Environment Normal amount of sitting, standing, and walking. Average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer, some travel required.
Manager Talent Acquisition
Sr. Executive Technical Recruiter