R & D Extrusion Engineer- Oakland County
Please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org that will be held in confidence until we both agree this is a good match
I look forward to speaking with you and discovering what your next career move could be.
Responsible for the design, acquisition and implementation of prototype and production EPDM / CPE / AEM extrusions. Knowledge of reinforced rubber, knit, spiral, and braided products. This position is required to support rubber hose development for fluid carrying systems. Additional responsibilities include, but are not bound by the following list of job duties.
Post Secondary Education in the one of the following:
5 to 10 years in manufacturing / tooling experience in the field of rubber hose extrusion.
Strong communicator in the English language, both written and oral
Excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail
Strong time management skills
Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
Key Success Factors:
Ability to interact with the upper Management Team in a professional and concise manner to continually enhance the company’s performance
Desire to learn the business; employ visits to manufacturing facilities to understand the production process by walking the floor and participating in production meetings
A hands on approach in assisting the plants in developing into successful and profitable divisions of Martinrea
Ability to work as a team player by contributing expertise and following leadership, as well as being a team leader by directing and mentoring co-workers from other corporate disciplines and plant personnel
Respecting and understanding of the Customer/Supplier relationship
Adopt a common sense approach to identifying and addressing problems and control weaknesses
Ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and at no time is the employee or their co-workers placed in an unsafe condition
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Works with Process Engineers, Laboratory personnel, Quality Assurance personnel and manufacturing to design production capable extrusion tooling and new products.
· Develop new process / products and validate new rubber hose products to customer specification. This includes component level to system level interfaces.
· Works with the Laboratory on customer material requirements and testing of samples.
· Follows new jobs as regular production is started in an effort to eliminate or minimize problems associated with new job start up.
· Keeps up to date on competitor’s hose products that are on the market and investigates new processes that may allow Martinrea to produce a competitive rubber hose for the product line under development and in production.
· Advises sales personnel on potential new business when requested. On occasion, assists in the preparation of a quotation.
· Works with industrial engineers in setting job standards. Prepares written reports on various functions performed as appropriate or as required.
· Supports the Quality Management Systems and Environmental Management Systems for the Plant.
· Works directly with personnel in running experimental samples and notes problems that might be encountered if the part were to be run in regular production. Checks experimental samples for dimensions, arranges required test and completes sample report form.
Manager Talent Acquisition
Sr. Executive Technical Recruiter