Quality/APQP/Acct MGR--Oakland County
Please send your resume directly to email@example.com that will be held in confidence until we both agree this is a good match
I look forward to speaking with you and discovering what your next career move could be.
Responsible for fulfilling the role of quality expert; this is a hands-on position. Ensure the quality of the parts produced meet all customer expectations; quickly and effectively take action when non-conformances are found. Maintain the most recent interpretations of the quality system requirements and therefore ensure that documented practices meet the true interpretation of the quality management system standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collaborate with FORD quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design. Make recommendations to modify customer part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost effective production.
2. Provide engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques
1. Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerance, and materials related issues.
2. Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources.
3. Effectively communicate and reinforce Res’ commitment to quality improvement efforts
3. Develop and submit PPAP documents for new product launches to meet customer requirements.
4. Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
5. Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup.
6. Coordinate pre-launch production trial run process monitoring.
7. Participate in the development of Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
8. Maintain Control Plans and PFMEA's throughout the life of the part.
9. Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
• Perform duties in accordance with quality system requirements as the voice of Res' customers.
• Coordinate with other disciplines to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
• Lead PPM improvement plan for strategic customers.
• Recommend and implement enhancements to the quality system that result in improved corporate quality performance, increased customer satisfaction, and/or simplification of processes to reduce costs.
• Ensure readiness for all internal and external quality audits.
1. Develop the annual audit plan, train internal audit team members, perform necessary duties as Res’ Lead Internal Auditor and provide ongoing communication/reporting of results.
2. Coordinate and direct external 3rd party registration/surveillance audits
• Oversee the controlled document system, to include a final review of all changes to procedures, work instructions, forms, master lists and other associated documents to ensure quality certification requirements are met.
• Participate in quality reporting and management review process
1. Monitor the Periodic Review Matrix to ensure repetitive quality requirements are met.
2. Manage quality metrics and present findings and recommendations to the management review team.
• Interview and select quality/process consultants as necessary to assist in developing and executing action plans for continuous process improvements.
• Maintaining the integrity of the certified quality system requirements with lean, cost effective strategies that meet the organizations needs.
• Advocating as the "voice of the customer" demanding the highest quality expectations from the organization.
• Executing the duties of the position such that the focus is largely proactive versus reactive.
• Internal – Regularly interact with Materials, Quality, Engineering, Sales, and all Manufacturing functions.
• External – Regularly interact with all levels of customers and prospects.
Minimum Technical Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, prefer Manufacturing or Mechanical
• Five - seven years experience managing a certified quality management system (e.g. TS 16949, ISO).
• Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of mechanical processes)
• Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience in the automotive industry.
• Previous work experience in an organization that supplied large OEM’s.
• Customer quality assurance experience.
• Previous audit experience.
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
• Technical knowledge of stamping processes
• Formal training and previous experience as a Lead Internal Auditor.
• Project management experience.
• Certified Quality Engineer.
• Background in GD&T.
Required Behavioral Competencies:
• Adaptability – open to and actively solicit new ideas and opinions.
• Assertiveness – readily offer opinions and take action even when their position may be unpopular.
• Business Thinking – sees the organization as a series of integrated and interlocking business processes. Understands general business concepts. Understands the financial framework of the organization. Establishes and monitors appropriate financial measures, using data to make informed business decisions.
• Communication – demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional work groups including suppliers, customers and associates, both verbally and in writing. Excellent listening skills.
• Coaching & Counseling – effectively instructs associates at all performance levels and enjoys helping team members grow, sharing authority and providing resources and support that empower. Offers clear, direct, and timely feedback.
• Conflict Management – support and manage differences of opinion. Use consensus and collaboration to debate and resolve issues.
• Diplomacy – skilled at handling situations without arousing hostility. Forge coalitions.
• Energy – have the stamina and endurance to maintain a fast pace and continue to produce.
• Influence & Positive Impact – skilled at persuading, motivating, and energizing others at all levels. Passionate, personable, self-confident, and likeable. Able to flex style and direct, collaborate, or empower as the situation requires. Ability to establish a personal power base built on mutual trust, fairness, and honesty. Establish and maintain productive relationships and networks, utilizing them to facilitate business transactions.
• Initiative – proactive and takes action without being prompted.
• Learning agility – continuously seeks new knowledge, creates and fosters a culture of interest, curiosity and learning. Flexible to change, and learns from failure. Seeks to improve processes and products.
• Organization & Planning – manage time wisely and effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks.
• Potential - capable of assuming more responsible roles within the organization.
• Presentation Skills – effective written and verbal.
• Problem Solving & Decision Making – identifies and solves problems, develops innovative solutions, acts decisively, and shows good judgment.
• Results Orientation – maintains appropriate focus on short- and long-term goals. Motivated by achievement, and persists until goals are reached, conveying a sense of urgency.
• Self-Discernment – knows personal strengths and limitations and works toward improving weaknesses.
• Team Player – respond to requests from other parts of the organization, and support larger legitimate organizational agendas.
• Visioning and Strategic Thinking – imaginative, entrepreneurial and thoughtful, creating a vision of a preferred future and communicating it clearly and enthusiastically in such a way that others are attracted to it. Knows and understands the factors influencing strategy, and acts with the future in mind.
Manager Talent Acquisition
Sr. Executive Technical Recruiter